MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Forum Down
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

The board I am associated with is presently coming up with a mySQL Error and no one can see the forum can anyone help? - the bard is :
friendsofnature.createmybb.com

The error is:

mySQL error: 2003
Can't connect to MySQL server on 'localhost' (10061)
Query:

Terry Reader
I'm with the same forum & this is the first time in a long time that it has been down - can anyone help please? We have a lot of members emailing both Terry & myself very worried wanting answers!

Skylark
This isn't a bug with MyBB.

This is an issue with CreateMyBB's service, and we can't do anything about it, as we don't have administrative rights on their server.
My apologies ZB - I was under the (obviously incorrect) impression that CreateMyBB and MyBB were one and the same.

Would it be possible for you explain what, if any, association there is between the two BB's or is it simply that one uses a similar name to the other?
CreateMyBB is just a service which uses the (a very outdated version of) MyBB forum software.

There is no other association beyond that.

If CreateMyBB is causing you issues, I suggest setting up your own board on your own webhosting. Not only will you be in control of your problems, you'll have an updated version of MyBB, plus the ability to install themes/smilies etc, as well as your own modifications.
Hi ZB,

Thanks for that. I have been noseying around your site in the mean time and decided to do just that. Many, many thanks for your help.
This is not a MyBB bug, this has nothing to do with the MyBB software itself.
This is not CreateMyBB's support forums.

Sorry to be blunt, closed.

PS. Glad you decided to host your own forums. Smile