MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Avatar Help
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
When I try to add any size avatar I get this error message. Please help.

Authorisation code mismatch. Are you accessing this function correctly? Please go back and try again.
Sounds like you haven't run the upgrade script. Similar to numerous other threads that can be found in this very forum..
http://community.mybboard.net/showthread.php?tid=27700
What upgrade script? It is a fresh install. I looked at that link. I can't see anything that I can understand.
Are you sure all of your files are from the newest version of MyBB?
For example, if you uploaded the files over an existing MyBB installation and then made your fresh install, some files from the previous MyBB version may still be on the server and trying to be used.
No old files... I just installed MyBB to the server. I get this error when I run the upgrade script.

The installer is currently locked, please remove 'lock' from the install directory to continue 

How in the world do I unlock a directory?
I deleted everything and reinstalled everything with a fresh download. It still does it. It also won't let you post, reply, change options or signature.
FTP into your server and look in the /install folder - there will be a file called 'lock' in there, delete it.
That helped... Thanks!