MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: ACP Session && Custom Profile Fields
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Okay, I didn't feel like making two different topics, so I will throw it all in one.

Question 1
Is this a default of MyBB or is this a result of something I did? Every time I go to the ACP (Admin Control Panel), i need to reverify my username and password. And I mean everytime. Let's say I open up the ACP to edit someone's account. Leave that open and open it up again to edit some template. Well, once again, I need to verify my login credentials. Is MyBB supposed to do this? If so, is there a way I can change that as it becomes rather annoying to have to basically login every time you want to access the ACP. Thanks.

Question 2
Is there a simple way to go about adding custom fields to members profiles? Like a mod someone has already written or something? Thanks.
eRott Wrote:Question 1
Is this a default of MyBB or is this a result of something I did? Every time I go to the ACP (Admin Control Panel), i need to reverify my username and password. And I mean everytime. Let's say I open up the ACP to edit someone's account. Leave that open and open it up again to edit some template. Well, once again, I need to verify my login credentials. Is MyBB supposed to do this? If so, is there a way I can change that as it becomes rather annoying to have to basically login every time you want to access the ACP. Thanks.
This is a security feature - if your AdminCP session was stored locally, there's the possibility that an attacker could hijack your AdminCP session, and gain access to the AdminCP.
If you click links externally, to the AdminCP, it will create a new AdminCP session. If you click links internally, ie, via the AdminCP menu, it won't create a new session.
In other words, keep to navigating the AdminCP internally.

eRott Wrote:Question 2
Is there a simple way to go about adding custom fields to members profiles? Like a mod someone has already written or something? Thanks.
[/quote]When you add a custom field, there is an option for it to show in the profile.
Thank you for the answer to the first question.

ZiNga BuRgA Wrote:When you add a custom field, there is an option for it to show in the profile.

As for the second one, what do you mean "when I add a custom field"? You mean I can already do that via the ACP or something?

I am talking more along the lines of adding a new section in the profile. I am just wondering if there is a mod to do this, or is this something I have to do myself. You know, aside from the "{username}'s Forum Info", "{username}'s Contact Details", "More Info About {username}", I want to create a new section in the profile. Well, that part's not hard, but what I am asking, is if there is a mod for something like this.

Thanks.
New section ?
With what !? Custom field profile ?
I don't think to be a mod for this... anyway... is not hard.
I want to know how to do this too. You can add a section through the member_profile template, just displaying custom fields in it is the part I need to know. I tried making a custom profile field in the acp and finding a tag for it (ex: {$likes}), but I couldn't find a way to do that. Is there an easy way to do this?