MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: cant attach an attachment
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I have a 6.7 MB .pdf file that just does not want to attach when I click "add attachment". I have increased the allowed attachment size in the 'attachment types manager' but nothing gets attached. It looks like it is loading when I click add attachment but then after a few second the screen just looks the same and nothing gets attached. My attachment quota is set at '0' for no limit.

Am I forgetting something ?
I'd suggest just adding a link to the thread/post. I'm really not that great with MyBB when it comes to the technical side of things; but I'm sure there is an explanation. In the meantime, I would just upload it at a third-party site (or your own) and just place a link.
Ordellani Wrote:I'd suggest just adding a link to the thread/post. I'm really not that great with MyBB when it comes to the technical side of things; but I'm sure there is an explanation. In the meantime, I would just upload it at a third-party site (or your own) and just place a link.
I can upload other .pdf attachements but not this one. It is bigger at about 7 MB but I have increased the size allowed. Still it doesn't get attached and I get no errors ?
Quote:I can upload other .pdf attachements but not this one. It is bigger at about 7 MB but I have increased the size allowed. Still it doesn't get attached and I get no errors ?

I'm not really sure, mate. Maybe you have to set the attatchment size permissions to each group to enable it to be uploaded.
Check your PHP settings. By default, the limit is 2MB for uploads.

You'll need to edit your php.ini file - Google will direct you as to how.
ZiNga BuRgA Wrote:Check your PHP settings. By default, the limit is 2MB for uploads.

You'll need to edit your php.ini file - Google will direct you as to how.
I thought all of this could be done from Admin CP ???

I just had a 'view' oh PHP from the AdminCP > Maintenance > View PHP Info. and indeed it still says 2M for Upload_max_file

can you direct me to the file that I need to find to change on my server?In other words..what is the path to that file php.ini? thank you ...
it depends on what operating system you are using and where you installed PHP
Inferno Wrote:it depends on what operating system you are using and where you installed PHP

Linux and looking at my AdminCP >> Maintenance >> "view PHP info" >>> Configuration File (php.ini) Path .... I guess this shows me where the file is located ? Big Grin
pretty complicated in involved stuff just to increase the upload size of files ! I contacted my host who did the change for me automatically since I have no way of getting to my php.ini file.
Pages: 1 2