MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Can't bridge Coppermine
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Anyone using Coppermine? No matter what I do, I can't get the bridge to find my config file. It shows the correct path to the file but says it does not exist

Anyone had this problem?
I'm not staff but I have a feeling their going to send to where ever you got the bridge which would probably be the coppermine site Wink .
NetSage Wrote:I'm not staff but I have a feeling their going to send to where ever you got the bridge which would probably be the coppermine site Wink .

I was really asking the users here and not the staff. The staff over there seems very rude. Unlike the great support here!
It works fine for me. Just remember that the name of the config file is different from the default in the bridging system.
Yeah i bridged my site no probs? Try starting again and see if you can get it to work. Maby there is some version compadibility problems.
azcoyote Wrote:Anyone using Coppermine? No matter what I do, I can't get the bridge to find my config file. It shows the correct path to the file but says it does not exist

Anyone had this problem?

What MyBB / Coppermine version are you using? The latest Coppermine release had a MyBB bridging fix --- maybe that affected your install?
I just downloaded Coppermine so I have to assume its the latest and Im running 1.2.12 mybb

So lets say my config file is in http://www.mysite.com/myforum/inc/config.php

The bridge wizard defaults to: ../forum/inc would I change this to /myforum/inc ??

Every combo of this directory I have tried says the file can not be found.

Thanks.
Coppermine support is very rude, its a cool script but seems the support members there are really rough on users asking questions.

Really hate to ask this, but what does mean to bridge? How does bridging help with coppermine and mybb? Sorry if this repetitive but I read alot here and no see answer.
AzSideWinder Wrote:Really hate to ask this, but what does mean to bridge? How does bridging help with coppermine and mybb? Sorry if this repetitive but I read alot here and no see answer.

Has the Gallery + Forum use the same users, and the same usergroups (either the defaults, or the extra ones, if you choose to import them). This is so your users only have to log into one of them to gain access to both of them.
Quote:The bridge wizard defaults to: ../forum/inc would I change this to /myforum/inc ??
Yes, you would need to change "forum" to "myforum" or whatever directory you have your forum in. The main thing you need to add is a slash at the end of inc. So it would look like ../myforum/inc/

You were probably getting the error that ../myforum/incconfig.php didn't exist. I learned that the hard way. LOL...but I had no luck bridging them either, and I have the latest version of both scripts. If you manage to get it bridged, let me know how you did it. Toungue
Pages: 1 2