MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Microsoft to get Yahoo?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Snowy Wrote:
DrPoodle Wrote:I personally think that someone needs to come in a make a revolutionary new search engine, which fixes all the flaws currently exhibited in the current ones. i.e. a system that is as accurate as Yahoo, but without the massive amount of other content, and something fast like Google, but without the vulnerabilities (Google bombing etc).

From what I heard, the creator of Wikipedia is creating a search engine... Hopefully it'll be good.
It won't be. The problem with Jimbo's Search Engine is that anyone can edit the information about the website (info the search algorithm uses), which means you already have the problems Wikipedia has.
It's happening.

Just switch Tivo with YouTube and Friendster with Myspace/Facebook.
Yahoo rejected Microsofts bid. They only offered £16 a share which works out £22billion but Yahoo value them at £22 a share according to the British Media.
Microsoft is most likely going to raise their bid unless Google take control over Yahoo's search, as I heard.
rcpalace Wrote:Microsoft is most likely going to raise their bid unless Google take control over Yahoo's search, as I heard.

Hope google wins. Hmm I'm not sure If Microsoft gets it then... Hmm I don't know. I think yahoo is alright the way it is now and they should not take the bid unless needed to
Google should get them so that we can start seeing some Anti-Trust lawsuits at Google. Then perhaps, people will stop accusing people of Microsoft being all evil.
I don't think they will pay Yahoo! 44.6B dollars, because, if they will they will hav a minus at the bankToungue
I have read the mails that were writen to each other (inside Microsoft, Microsoft-Yahoo! and Yahoo!-Google), and it isn't the most wonderful thing.
I think Yahoo! should resist the offers, and stay independent (at least for now).
Jag100 Wrote:
rcpalace Wrote:Microsoft is most likely going to raise their bid unless Google take control over Yahoo's search, as I heard.

Hope google wins. Hmm I'm not sure If Microsoft gets it then... Hmm I don't know. I think yahoo is alright the way it is now and they should not take the bid unless needed to

If Google got them, Yahoo would have a big chunk of their staff laid off, due to the automated stuff Google's developed.

Said personel would be more likely to keep their jobs and be absorbed into the Microsoft workforce if MS took over Yahoo.
go Microsoft!
I just hope whoever takes over (if they even do) doesn't screw up Yahoo!. I use Google for search, but I use Yahoo for everything else. Answers is perfect, and I don't go a day without checking my Yahoo! Mail account. And I like the Games and the entertainment section (forgot the name now).

I don't see how Yahoo! is doing so poorly.. everyone I know uses Yahoo IM and Mail!
Pages: 1 2