MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Captcha not showing after editing global.lang.php
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Is it possible, that the captcha gets a checksum of global.lang.php?

I just added 2 variables, and after that, the captcha won't show anymore.
What did you exactly add, and how?
It shouldn't and won't.

What you should do is check for any whitespace (new lines, spaces, tabs etc.) under the closing ?> in global.lang.php. There shouldn't be any so if there are, remove them.
Well, the funny thing is, i think i almost can be sure, that there is a checksum, because now i just deleted all empty rows in my global.lang.php, and so the captcha gets messed up.
Even the teststring (MyBB) doesn't work!

Get a look here:
hhttp://www.dokeos-deutschland.de/forum/member.php?action=register

So, where is this function, which checks, if the language file is modified or not?
Or was just the german translator that funny to play around???
There is no checksum. If you can point out the piece of code which does it, feel free to show me.

Chances are, you messed up an edit in the global.lang.php

I'd firstly double-check that it is global.lang.php by uploading an original. If it does fix the problem, post your custom global.lang.php and we'll take a look.
Okay, found the funny thing...

I was so sure about global.lang.php, because i made the last install clean, and then just edited the only file Wink

It is a ftp problem.
After i edited the file on the server itself, everything works fine now.

Problem solved.
If you were editing the file with Notepad, then that might be the problem. It is recommended to use a text editor other than Notepad, such as Notepad++, EditPlus, or Crimson Editor, etc.
Well, i did it with Notepad++, but something went wrong at the hosting site.
After the webhoster has done something after my call, everything works fine now.