MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Upgrading from 1.1.8 to 1.2.12
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello all,

I'm currently using MyBB 1.1.8 and I'd like to upgrade my forum to the latest version. MyBB provides a lot of information, which is very helpful, but I don't know how to do the first step which is to download my forum to my PC so I can upgrade it. How can I do that?

Thanks in advance.

Greetings!!
Do you recall uploading your forums to your web host in order to install it?
It is likely that you did this via FTP.

Again, you will need to make use of your FTP client and download the files needed.

Keep in mind that if you are with a free service like CreateMyBB we can do nothing to help.
rh1n0 Wrote:Do you recall uploading your forums to your web host in order to install it?
It is likely that you did this via FTP.

Again, you will need to make use of your FTP client and download the files needed.

Keep in mind that if you are with a free service like CreateMyBB we can do nothing to help.

Thanks for the quick response. I just filled out all the information requested, that was how my forum was created. It seems it was a free service, sorry for wasting your time, and thanks again for trying to help me.
Do you have a link to the site that set you up?
Yes, I have it. As you said, it is CreateMyBB.

http://www.createmybb.com/
There is an upgrade process going on with CreateMyBB - you can check about that at their forums.
As I've said, we really can't do anything about this.

Best of luck. Smile

Thread closed.