MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Concerning copyright on MyBB
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello, I hope this is the right area to ask this,

I am a member of a forum hosted by MyBB (un-named for now) that is altering artist's work from deviantart and posting them on their forum (for esentially harmless fun, but it is a concern for artists on DA). Most artists, if not all, do not want their work used in such a way, and I have asked that they install a rule pertaining using artist's work without permission, and they locked my thread and did nothing about it. I'm not sure so I am asking, isn't it against the rules or Terms of Service of the MyBB to "upload, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available any copyrighted Content without the creator/owner's consent" as well as breaking the copyright rule of the deviantart website itself: http://about.deviantart.com/policy/copyright/ I want to make sure before sending my PM of concern to the admin of this forum.

Thanks in advance to anyone who can clear this up for me.
That isn't the TOS of the MyBB product, that's just the default TOS of the website with MyBB installed. It probably does break that TOS, but unfortunately there is nothing we can do about it since it in no way affects us.

I also breaks the deviantart policy, but again, nothing to do with us.
We are not responsible of the content users of MyBB use on their forums.
If what you're doing is breaking copyrights and therefore the law, then you will be dealt with by other groups no doubt.

We will only take action against you if your MyBB copyright is not correctly in place. The rest is completely up to you.
More generally, the MyBB Group will take legal action against forum administrators who break the license agreement: http://mybboard.net/about/license.

It is up to the forum administrator to enforce the forum's registration agreement (if so desired), and any upstream provider's TOS/AUP.