MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: having trouble moving my forum
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi there,

Recently, a friend of mines host was shut down and he has to move his MyBB forum to my webhost. The issue is that, I can't just openly make a new mysql user & pass and poof, everything works, as my information is always prefixed.

What I am looking for his some sort of Master file, where the DB connection info is stored, so I can upload the MyBB backup to a directory on my host, and it loads up everything from the MySQL DB.

The reason I am looking for such a Master file is because I've seen it on forums such as vBulletin, and IPB, so I figured MyBB would have it too.

If anyone has information on such a file, or if it's multiple, what would I need to edit, I would be very grateful for the info.

Thanks in advance,
Eleven
Not sure what you're trying to explain, but are you perhaps talking about inc/config.php ? Smile
The odd thing is, for me, that file is completely empty Confused

it's just

<php
?>
Your config.php file should look like this: [wiki]Inc/config.php[/wiki]

Of course, you'll need to input your server and database information.
MyBB writes the inc/config.php on your server when you install MyBB, so you will not see anything in inc/config.php in the .zip you downloaded.

You should download the inc/config.php from your server via FTP if you want to edit/view that file.