MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Member Group Not Changing
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I tried to change a members group but it dosen't change. I changed both Primary and Secondary. What have I done wrong?
And you were doing this through the Admin CP I assume?
DennisTT Wrote:And you were doing this through the Admin CP I assume?

Throught their Profile > Edit this user in Admin CP.
When you go edit his/her profile again in the Admin CP, does it list the new usergroups/additional groups in the profile, or has it reverted back to the old groups that were selected?
Did you look at the display group? Maybe the usergroup changed, but it doesn't look like it should because you have the display group set to smth else.
DennisTT Wrote:When you go edit his/her profile again in the Admin CP, does it list the new usergroups/additional groups in the profile, or has it reverted back to the old groups that were selected?

It still stays selected to the one I want. The user has "Group: Contributor", however under the users name it has a gap where the title is meant to be. How can I set a title?

EDIT: I am getting extremely confused. Can anyone give me a breif overview of member groups, etc.
[Wiki: Usergroups] (Broken link, head over to docs.mybb.com instead)

You can set a group title when you edit the usergroup, or when you edit the user's profile (in the Custom User Title box).

However, I think Faby pinpointed your problem. You probably did not change the display group of the user, so the user shows up as being still part of the old group.