MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Mybb has been forgotten
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Here:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Fr...m_software

just thought I'd point it out Wink
MyBB is not forgotten!
And it never will be!!!
Hi,

MyBB does not fall under the category of "Free Forum Software" on Wikipedia. On Wikipedia, this apparently refers to software that is under a free/open-source license such as the GPL, LGPL, Public Domain, etc.

You'll find MyBB listed under the Internet Forum Software category: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:In...m_software
oops sorry... my bad. I assumed that free meant something you didn't have to pay for
"This is a category of articles relating to Internet forum software which can be freely used, copied, studied, modified, and redistributed by everyone that obtains a copy: "free software" or "open source software". Typically, this means software which is distributed with a free software license, and whose source code is available to anyone who receives a copy of the software. An Internet forum is a facility on the World Wide Web for holding discussions, or the web application software used to provide that facility."

As far as I can see, MyBB can be represented by that passage. It can be copied, studied, modified and redistributed. Note that it says "Typically, this means software which is distributed with a free software license" so I don't think that just because we have a separate license for MyBB's copyright should mean we can't be listed on that category.
DrPoodle Wrote:"This is a category of articles relating to Internet forum software which can be freely used, copied, studied, modified, and redistributed by everyone that obtains a copy: "free software" or "open source software". Typically, this means software which is distributed with a free software license, and whose source code is available to anyone who receives a copy of the software. An Internet forum is a facility on the World Wide Web for holding discussions, or the web application software used to provide that facility."

As far as I can see, MyBB can be represented by that passage. It can be copied, studied, modified and redistributed. Note that it says "Typically, this means software which is distributed with a free software license" so I don't think that just because we have a separate license for MyBB's copyright should mean we can't be listed on that category.

Unless MYBB has plans to go paid i honestly dont see why it doesnt just use the same type of license phpbb and the others use. I bet it would greatly help out the theme/modding community greatly here.
Well it's wikipedia some can add it in Wink .
LOL

Mybb and SMF the two best free softwares at this time for Discussion Boards aren´t there

so I think there´s really something wrong
NetSage Wrote:Well it's wikipedia some can add it in Wink .
It'll be removed again before you know it.

The sense of "free" in Wikipedia is more in the sense of freedom, instead of price. That is pretty much general throughout Wikipedia's software categories..
Some others have been too!
Invision Board, Ikonboard, SMF, Zorum, VUBB, openBB, etc.
(the list could go on for forever).

And most of those forum softwares look......Kinda sucky, well except UseBB IMO, but I like MyBB out of all the forums that I have seen.
Pages: 1 2