MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: custom Header/Logo problem
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey everyone,

I'm brand new (1 week in) to the world of forum'ing, and am having a great time learning by the day. Here's my problem. I just got a custom header for my site: http://www.ticketpostings.com

I was able to install it with no issues but there's a problem when I minimize the screen. The picture goes off way to the right. Take a look now if you want. I've tried re-sizing it, etc. but did nothing. What I want to do is make the logo stay in a fixed position, and also look the same on all screens. How can I do this?

Thanks, and hope that made sense Toungue
The thing is that you want to actually make the background repeat. You need two images here. The ticket (like it is, doesnt really matter how much blue but keep it smaller than 600px) and the blue gradient behind it. Full height. In your stylesheet for mybb at the very top, you should have your logo in there like it is so keep that there. However, you must add some coding so go to the very bottom and add this:

.logo {
background: url(image.gif) top left repeat-x;
height: XXpx;
}

Replace the url and height pixels to what your small blue image is (that background that is repeating horizontally). MyBB templates default to having a class called "logo" around it so you don't need to edit any templates.

I am going to let you try this by yourself, come back after you have given a hearty effort and if you can't do it, I'll do it for you.
Thanks very much! I think I got it. Now for the logo. While I was able to upload the image, is there a way that I can get the logo image to do the same sort of thing, so it sizes to fit?
The ticket? Yes, its possible, but you will need to cut up your logo in atleast three or so images, and then you really wont need the blue background image anymore because the ticket will go full screen. Personally, I don't advise doing that.
Hm, I'll trust your advice and not go ahead with that. Thanks again for your help.
yes i have the same problem with my logo. mine is a .gif photo that is the full width of the forum like the mybb logo with the little heads. How come when i downsize the mybb forum, the logo downsizes with it. I want to do the same with mine. I just replaced the mybb logo.gif with my own logo.gif
rcw Wrote:yes i have the same problem with my logo. mine is a .gif photo that is the full width of the forum like the mybb logo with the little heads. How come when i downsize the mybb forum, the logo downsizes with it. I want to do the same with mine. I just replaced the mybb logo.gif with my own logo.gif

Mind linking me so I can see what the problem is?
Audentio Wrote:
rcw Wrote:yes i have the same problem with my logo. mine is a .gif photo that is the full width of the forum like the mybb logo with the little heads. How come when i downsize the mybb forum, the logo downsizes with it. I want to do the same with mine. I just replaced the mybb logo.gif with my own logo.gif

Mind linking me so I can see what the problem is?

sure I sent it to you in a private message........