MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Illegal???
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I just wanted to know if it's illegal to convert an ACP skin to a normal skin without the author's permission even if I change the copyright. I'll give you some screenshots of how it looks: (The original skin was Flash by FirefoxWiz - Screenshot - thead and logo got a little warped)
Pic number 1
Pic number 2

Is it??? If it is that sucks because I think I did a pretty good job XD
It's not illegal for personal use. However if the copyright is required by Firefoxwiz then you should leave that intact.
Well she never actually said anything about making a skin for it, so it was actually my idea because I thought it looked good so I thought hey, this would make a great skin.

So actually I chose to add the copyright, just in case.
Nice port. Toungue

Though you're kinda wasting your time, since the Flash skin is already released --> http://mybbthemes.8ez.com/showthread.php?tid=1250 Toungue

But, if you want to redistribute your customized version, please at least put my name and link in your release thread, since I did originally make the theme. Wink

And, just for future reference, it is SHE and not HE. Big Grin
Ok, I didn't know there was a skin >.< Oh well, I feel better about a skin that I (sort of) made myself then downloading one Smile

And ok, Well she never said Wink
Of course, no problem. Smile I like to see people take my skins and customize them, make them what they want them to be. Just as long as I get credit for the original!
...Which is exactly why I actually decided to put that copyright in on my own accordingly Smile

Btw, Firefox RULES!