MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Admin Board Only without registered members posting
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello

I am looking to secure a board so that the Admin or administrator can only post into that board. The board is rules and news and information. I do not want users posting in that section and cluttering it up. The question is how do I stop users from doing that please but still allow the administrater to post as normal.

Thank you in advance.
[b]Admin CP --> Forum Management --> Manage Forums[b]
- Find the forum you want to secure and click "Permissions" on the right.
- Deselect "Default" on each of the usergroups, and make sure the Administrators group has all checkboxes selected, and for all other usergroups, only "View" is checked.
Thank you for your help.

I have done has you have instructed but I get transfured to a section called Forum Permissions with ' copy permission to... ' and this will load a lot of groups.

What I want to do is to Only implerment my posting on that board and and not all over the forum. I am trying to stop users making threads, ie disable new thread for that board other than the admin.

I did as you instructed and the board in now not being displayed to the user.
Thanks in advance
Sorry about the double post.

After doing a little bit of messing about and following the info above I think I have cracked it Smile (A little new to this so every new situation or task is new Wink )

My other question is how do I remove that "New Thread" button for other users and not the admin. Is that possible?

Thanks all in advance.
They'll see the "New Thread" button, but if they try to create a new thread, they'll get the No permission error.
Oops, didn't realize that it still showed up even if you can't post a thread.

If you really want to remove it, you can do so by editing forumdisplay.php (you'll need to open the file up in a text editor).
In the file, search for:
if($foruminfo['type'] == "f" && $foruminfo['open'] != "no")
And replace the text with:
if($foruminfo['type'] == "f" && $foruminfo['open'] != "no" && $fpermissions['canpostthreads'] != 'no')
Thanks Zinga I will Check that out.

Much olbliged.