MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Color Name mod request
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey will anyone be willing to do a Username color mod. Its basically like the one IPB 1.3 has. The usernames have background color, text color and bordercolor. They are visible in profiles, memberlist, online list, etc.

very neat mod and handled in the user cp for preference of colors.

Hmm. Do you think you could post some screenshots so I can see what your talking about? If I can get idea of what it is, I might be able to help you.
anyone else what to give it a shot?

I dont think its good idea. If u have a couple of themes these colors might not match the theme backround etc. it might end up lookimg bad imo
It's possible to do if you add a new field in the users table called namestylus. And then, with some coding you could make it work the formatname() function. Then the only thing to do is to make some kind of page where users can change their name to what they want.
I'll see what I can do..
I have no time for this.
But people who want to make it, try using this in some pages:
if($user['namestylus']){
	$user['namestyle'] = $user['namestylus'];
}
Use that before every formatname you can find in the files. Sometimes you must add u.nametylus to the sql-query.
And make sure the namesylus is in this format:
<table border="1" bordercolor="#000000"><tr><td bgcolor="#FFFFFF"><font color="#000000">{username}</font></td></tr></table>
Konstantinos Wrote:I dont think its good idea. If u have a couple of themes these colors might not match the theme backround etc. it might end up lookimg bad imo
No, look at this site, http://marlinbaseball.com/forums

yeah i dont like that
Konstantinos Wrote:yeah i dont like that

alright, but i wanted it for my board if possible.
Like I said, this is something I will try after myBB Gold comes out. IT far too big a mod for me atm.
k776 Wrote:Like I said, this is something I will try after myBB Gold comes out. IT far too big a mod for me atm.
Yeah i know man, its a big mod. The files in Invision for it was a WHOLE lot. Took me about 35 minutes to install it with all the codes to put in.

thanks for giving it a try though.