MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Internal statistics reset
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've searched for this subject but didn't find any helpful results.

I want to reset the internal "timer" of the forum so that the "postcount per day" is reset and will count from the day that I reset it. Because right now I have a forum installed but it won't go public within a few months. So I would like to reset the counter when it goes public so it looks like the forum is installed not so long ago (and the average statistics/post per day count is correct)... Is there a way to do this?

Any help is appreciated, thank you Smile
Run this query via phpMyAdmin:

UPDATE mybb_users SET timeonline=0;

Replace mybb_ with your table prefix if its different.
Are you referring to the board-wide statistics found at stats.php?
Quote:Run this query via phpMyAdmin
Thanks for your reply.

DennisTT Wrote:Are you referring to the board-wide statistics found at stats.php?
I forgot to mention. Yes, I would also like to reset the board-wide statistics so that everything starts to count from scratch.
I think those ones are based on the first user's registration date as the "start" of the forum. So when you are ready to open the forum, just run a query like this:
UPDATE mybb_users SET regdate='<current timestamp>'
Replace <current timestamp> with the current timestamp from: http://www.unixtimestamp.com/

That will set all users to be "registered" at the current date.
DennisTT Wrote:I think those ones are based on the first user's registration date as the "start" of the forum. So when you are ready to open the forum, just run a query like this:
UPDATE mybb_users SET regdate='<current timestamp>'
Replace <current timestamp> with the current timestamp from: http://www.unixtimestamp.com/

That will set all users to be "registered" at the current date.
Thanks, I tested it. Problem is that the mean statistics on statistics.php stay at 0 (Post per day, threads per day and members per day). I waited 24 hours because I don't know if these statistics are generated every 24 hours or not. But still those mean statistics stay at 0 (I made several test posts after the query). The posts per member average and all the totals are nonetheless correct.