MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: someone give me a hand
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
something is messed up, more specifficaly with the admin cp. Sad

i can log into my board fine, but when i try to log into the admin cp it just says invalid pass or whatever and asks me to sign in again... Sad im the admin and im trying to set up some more forums and i just cant get into the admin cp!

it worked when i first installed mybb a couple months ago as a convert from phpbb

i have web access to the installation

is there anything i can do to get into the admin cp?! i am entering the password just fine, it keeps emailing me saying "midairpirate has tried to log into the admin cp using the password" (correct password) "md5 hash etc,"

total wtf... help please?!
board address http://forums.toaster911.uni.cc

hmm. Try clearing your cache, cookies and do a hard refresh on the Admin Page. Then try again.
just tried that... i still get the usual "You are either not a valid administrator or have not logged in. Please login below," just like always Sad

the pw for the admin cp is the same as an admin user's pw, right?

any chance i couldve made myself a non-admin? im the only admin on the site.. my name still shows in green and italic...

any other ideas Sad i think a backup of the db is called for
If you have access to your MySQL database (via phpMyAdmin or similar), can you browse your mybb_usergroups table (replace mybb_ with your forum table prefix) and check that the cancp column for Administrators is "yes"
ooo i think that might be it
in mybb_usergroups
Field - Type - Attributes - Null - Default - Extra
cancp - char(3) - / - No - / - /

doesnt say anything about administraters tho.
should i change this to yes?
well, should i, or what? im not really into mysql or php... i really appreciate your help! Smile
cancp - char(3) - / - No - / - /

Thats your problem...it's supposed to be set to yes.
No, if you're in the table Structure page, it should be set to No. Click on the Browse tab, and find the Administrators row in there.
Yes...that's what I said dennis

well assuming he's looking through it via browsing the table.
The only place where you see char(3), attributes, extras in a row is in the structure page as far as I know Smile
Pages: 1 2