MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Pets and Freebies!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey all, now the dust has settled and I got both my sites up and relatively settled in I thought I would shamelessly promote them here. *giggles

The first one is Wanda's Pet World
The site has a mybb board and full on loaded with tons of information on pets of all kinds website.
Moderators are part of a team of people who have above average experience with animals and are there to help and advise.
I worked professionally and non-professionally with animals of all kinds for 35 years and since I cannot work with them on the level I used to, I enjoy helping others help their pets. I've raised racehorses, showed dogs and cats, kept small critters, large and even rehabilitated some wild creatures to turn loose to nature again.

We also have some really cool for members only live animal cams!

The second site is called The Twitchin Kitchen
The main site isn't up and running fully yet but one of the two boards that will be hosted there is.

Spastic Pussy's Mad Grab! Is the open board. It's a freebies, sweeps and coupon site run by my partner in this venture. We only offer spam free quality freebies and sweeps.

The Twitchin Kitchen is going to be a full on recipe and cooking site with the addition of a party planning service for those who like to cook for their own affairs but don't have the skill to plan a food menu for the occasion.
Party planning will not be a free feature.

The Kitchen part will be open by late spring. I got a splash page there now and the freebie forum is open and open to all!

Check us out, come in say hello and enjoy.
I just added an ecommerce shop to my pet site!

I make hand-made leashes and bridle reins and now offer them for sale.

Check out my shop and leashes!
www.wandaspetworld.com/shop

If the leashes take off big I'll put the shop on it's own domain as a stand alone store not attached to the website and forums. But, for now this is ok as it is. I only have three items for sale and I'm working on more. Not bad for a business start up using less than $200 to get going!
Well we're fully functional now!

The pet site like I said has a shop going and I got the Kitchen up and running fully.

If you or anyone you know enjoys food and cooking, please show them my site! We have so much to offer in the Kitchen.

The Freebies section there is great too. Don't let the ladies on the skin fool you... it's not a hen house!

We got freebies from the smallest baseball cap to Sweeps that offer up diamonds, TV's, cars and more!

Check it out and see what you can win! One of the gals won a trip to NY or California last week!
Very interesting. The themes are very hard on the eyes. I suggest a more modern and crisp theme.
Regards.
rcpalace Wrote:Very interesting. The themes are very hard on the eyes. I suggest a more modern and crisp theme.
Regards.

Funny but my members say the opposite... they are all older people and wear glasses and find the themes easier on the eyes.

It's also designed to match the website and not to be different than them.

It's also proven that darker backgrounds are easier on the eyes than lighter ones. When you look at a bright lighted screen all day you are actually straining your eyes more because screens are lit toward you from behind the image vs looking at something that is lit from behind you and in front of an image.
Goggalor Wrote:
rcpalace Wrote:Very interesting. The themes are very hard on the eyes. I suggest a more modern and crisp theme.
Regards.

Funny but my members say the opposite... they are all older people and wear glasses and find the themes easier on the eyes.

It's also designed to match the website and not to be different than them.

It's also proven that darker backgrounds are easier on the eyes than lighter ones. When you look at a bright lighted screen all day you are actually straining your eyes more because screens are lit toward you from behind the image vs looking at something that is lit from behind you and in front of an image.

It was just a suggestion, it could be becuase I never liked green. Wink
Regards.
LOL! I gotcha!
I'm not a fan of green either but I picked it because I wanted to match one of the old Italian restaurants we used to dine in as a kid in Little Italy NY Big Grin