MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Upgrade 1.1.6 to 1.2
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi !

I want to ask something about mybb. How can I upgrade 1.1.6 to 1.2.x ? is it possible?

or Can I backup at 1.1.6 and install 1.2.x ? Are the tables same for each version ?

(My english not good enough Smile Sorry!)
It is possible to upgrade from 1.1.6 to the current version, 1.2.12. You should definitely backup your existing installation first.

Take a look at our wiki article on upgrading for instructions on performing the upgrade.

[Wiki: Upgrading] (Broken link, head over to docs.mybb.com instead)
Wow, you're still running 1.1.6? Make sure to back up everything, your database along with the folders/files on your server before doing the upgrade. Then download the complete 1.2.12 package from the mybb site and choose your current version you're upgrading from. 1.1.x to 1.2.x is a huge upgrade, so none of your themes and modifications will work with 1.2.x. Just FYI.
Thanks a lot. I'll try. I have 14,123 member. i hope nothing happens bad.
The 1.2 series has been tested extensively after 12 releases and is very stable. However, I'm surprised you haven't been hacked yet
I have education forum so why someone wants to hack my forum Smile.
umidil Wrote:I have education forum so why someone wants to hack my forum Smile.

I could think of a couple hundred students at my high school that would be willing to hack our school site Toungue
I second the above. Big Grin