MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Admin pasword by oneself to change
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi, I my forum alone admin,but 2 time my admin password by oneself to change Confused

cause possible?by oneself to change.

This Bug?

my verison 1.2.12

thanks
Your password can't change itself. Are you sure that you haven't changed it or that someone has access to your account and changed the password?
ct2k7 Wrote:Your password can't change itself. Are you sure that you haven't changed it or that someone has access to your account and changed the password?

no ,alone admin ı am..
Could anyone have found out your password then changed it? I suggest you look in your logs to check for your logins and check that they are correct.
Your password shouldn't change itself but someone else could change the password if they had access to the admin cp. Do your admin logs indicate that someone else may have gained access to your admin cp?

To be safe, I would recommend adding your user ID (uid) to the comma seperated list $config['super_admins'] in inc/config.php. This will mean that your account can not be modified in the ACP.
ct2k7 Wrote:Could anyone have found out your password then changed it? I suggest you look in your logs to check for your logins and check that they are correct.

Musicalmidget Wrote:Your password shouldn't change itself but someone else could change the password if they had access to the admin cp. Do your admin logs indicate that someone else may have gained access to your admin cp?

To be safe, I would recommend adding your user ID (uid) to the comma seperated list $config['super_admins'] in inc/config.php. This will mean that your account can not be modified in the ACP.
Thanks for reply and help guys,

another never someone prmission noneixdent admin cp and ftp & hostpanel,

and my password very difficult Confused
If it's as difficult as you say it is then I'd say your messing up. Passwords don't reset them selves and if there is an exploit there's a good chance it would be happening to other people than just you.
You may try to get a new unknown password from the your database and then use it and change.