MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Plugin/index.lang.php problem?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
http://banjouniverse.110mb.com/project_secret/index.php

Hello,

I was installing plugins on my board last night and I encountered a problem while installing the "Who's been online in the past 24 hours" and the "Show events in calender" plugin. They both require you to add to the inc/languages/english/index.lang.php file, and I did that. But afterwards I got this error:
Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /www/110mb.com/b/a/n/j/o/u/n/i/banjouniverse/htdocs/project_secret/inc/languages/english/index.lang.php:1) in /www/110mb.com/b/a/n/j/o/u/n/i/banjouniverse/htdocs/project_secret/inc/functions.php on line 78
I'm positive I followed the instructions.... I don't know how I could have screwed something so simple up...Sad

Here are the contents of my inc/languages/english/index.lang.php file, the bold is the part that I added for the plugins.
Quote:<?php
/**
* MyBB 1.2 English Language Pack
* Copyright © 2006 MyBB Group, All Rights Reserved
* $Id: index.lang.php 1441 2006-05-08 02:49:30Z chris $
*/

$l['boardstats'] = "Board Statistics";
$l['new_posts'] = "Forum Contains New Posts";
$l['no_new_posts'] = "Forum Contains No New Posts";
$l['forum_locked'] = "Forum is Locked";
$l['lastpost_never'] = "Never";
$l['forum_unapproved_posts_count'] = "There are currently {1} unapproved posts in this forum.";
$l['forum_unapproved_post_count'] = "There is currently 1 unapproved post in this forum.";
$l['forum_unapproved_threads_count'] = "There is currently {1} unapproved threads in this forum.";
$l['forum_unapproved_thread_count'] = "There is currently 1 unapproved thread in this forum.";
$l['markread'] = "Mark All Forums Read";
$l['forumteam'] = "Forum Team";
$l['forumstats'] = "Forum Statistics";
$l['todays_birthdays'] = "Today's Birthdays";
$l['quick_login'] = "Quick Login:";
$l['login_username'] = "Username";
$l['login_password'] = "Password";
$l['index_logout'] = "Logout";
$l['private_messages'] = "Private Messages";
$l['pms_new'] = "You have {1} new messages since your last visit.";
$l['pms_unread_total'] = "(You have {1} unread messages and {2} total messages in all of your folders.)";
$l['stats_posts_threads'] = "Our members have made a total of {1} posts in {2} threads.";
$l['stats_numusers'] = "We currently have {1} members registered.";
$l['stats_newestuser'] = "Please welcome our newest member, <b>{1}</b>";
$l['stats_mostonline'] = "The most users online at one time was {1} on {2} at {3}";
$l['whos_online'] = "Who's Online";
$l['complete_list'] = "Complete List";
$l['online_online_plural'] = "users";
$l['online_online_singular'] = "user";
$l['online_member_plural'] = "members";
$l['online_member_singular'] = "member";
$l['online_anon_plural'] = "are";
$l['online_anon_singular'] = "is";
$l['online_guest_plural'] = "guests";
$l['online_guest_singular'] = "guest";
$l['online_note'] = "{1} {2} active in the past {3} minutes ({4} {5}, {6} of whom {7} invisible, and {8} {9}).";
$l['subforums'] = "<strong>Sub Forums:</strong>";
$l['online_note_today'] = "{1} {2} active in the past {3} hours ({4} {5}, {6} of whom {7} invisible, and {8} {9}).";
$l['whos_online_today'] = "Who has been online today";
$l['events_on_index'] = "Upcoming events for the next {1} days";
$l['events_on_index_one'] = "Upcoming events for this day";
?>

I did not edit anything else, just added the bold bit. The plugins work, I just get the header problem.

Can anyone help me with this? Thanks.
Did you use Notepad to modify the language file? Notepad is the one text editor not to use for this sort of thing, since it often adds hidden characters before the opening <?php tag, resulting in the error you are seeing.

If this is the case, I would suggest taking a fresh copy of the index.lang.php file and adding the required code with a text editor other than Notepad. Wordpad is generally fine.
Yeah, I used Notepad. I'll try your suggestion out, thanks for the reply.

EDIT:
Used Wordpad, still the same problem.
Your going to have to use a fresh version of the file in wordpad because the problem in notepad is still in the file
@Tikitiki, I did. Wink

Same problem.
Try another editor then; Notepad++ is a good one