MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Hm...no one can edit their birthday
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I switched my board from XMB to phpBB to MyBB. The users who joined before the switch has their birthday as "unknown", and when they tried to change it, they couldn't edit it. Why is this?
Just those who joined before the switch, or everybody?

Can you show me an entry from one of the effected users in your database? (Please don't post their password hash, though).
All members. I had to check it to make sure.

How would you go about showing the entry though?
nyree.kage Wrote:All members. I had to check it to make sure.

How would you go about showing the entry though?

Do you have:

- phpmyadmin
- mysql command line access on a UNIX server
- webmin

?
I have phpmyadmin.
Hey, yall! I have a mob of angry members wondering why they can't get their age to work.

Okay, no they don't, but I'm trying to figure out the problem myself and I'm running into a big brick wall.
nyree.kage Wrote:when they tried to change it, they couldn't edit it. Why is this?

Can you say which page they tried to change it on, and what errors (if any) they were facing?

Also can you run this query in phpMyAdmin, and reply with a sample of results

SELECT birthday FROM mybb_users WHERE birthday != ''
I tried it on a test account, and it doesn't do anything. No error or anything, it just doesn't save, and it's in the user control panel.

Here's the results:

birthday
11-2-1987
11-8-1990
17-12-1985
17-2-1984
17-2-1986
17-3-1985
20-4-1990
21-9-1993
22-8-1983
29-4-1988
4-6-1992

There are over 50 members on the board, and these are the birthdays of admins and newly registered members. And I manually added two of them as a short-term fix, thinking there would be a solution by now.
Can you post a link to your forum?
Pages: 1 2