MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: My desktop pwns yours.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
xScopex Wrote:In vista, how do you enable that top quick launch bar or is it a download? I never really played around with vista lol.

For mine, it's called ObjectDock, I'm not sure if the others use the same thing or not.

Once I get a Widescreen monitor I'll be re-adding Windows Sidebar for it's CPU Monitor, Clock, and Notepad gadgets. Adding it back now just looks ugly on my standard size monitor.
Okay do not know why people say vista is so bad just get a computer that can run it! any whys
crsoft Wrote:Okay do not know why people say vista is so bad just get a computer that can run it!

Because a computer that can run it costs too much.
And most of it's bloat.
rcpalace Wrote:
makpaolo Wrote:here is mine

It looks a little like Fedora. Wink

I using Super Turbo Tango Patcher, change a login-logout and Icon in windows Xp Big Grin
michaelh Wrote:
crsoft Wrote:Okay do not know why people say vista is so bad just get a computer that can run it!

And most of it's bloat.
computer are not that high my computer only cost $1300 and for the bloat i use about 60% of the things in vista so it has some bloat.
michaelh Wrote:

And most of it's bloat.

I've seen ones that can run it just fine for $800-1,100 USD. Wink
For years, people complain that Windows uses old methods, like GDI for the desktop. Now when people get it, they complain that it's too slow. No way to win eh?

Anyway, care to tell me what "bloat" there is in Vista?
I would count UAC as bloat, seeing as I turned it off because it's a dumb feature.

Why should I have to confirm every action I make?

Anyway, let's not turn this into a Windows vs. Linux vs Mac debate. Toungue
Well, Paul Thorrutt says that UAC is an important security feature in Vista, and it's a bad idea to turn it off. For the first month or so, it will bug you while you install stuff and all that, but afterwards, it's pretty transparent.

Anyway, this is my last post here about Vista vs Leopard vs Linux.
Ryan Ashbrook Wrote:
xScopex Wrote:In vista, how do you enable that top quick launch bar or is it a download? I never really played around with vista lol.

For mine, it's called ObjectDock, I'm not sure if the others use the same thing or not.

Once I get a Widescreen monitor I'll be re-adding Windows Sidebar for it's CPU Monitor, Clock, and Notepad gadgets. Adding it back now just looks ugly on my standard size monitor.
Ok thank you, thats a pretty cool "tool."
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6