MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: limit posting to a certain board
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have a certain board that I don't want abused (games and quiz boards get abused excessively), so I want to limit posting to maybe 5 threads/posts a week per person. I don't think there's a mod for that just yet, but if it's an easy thing, could someone point me along the way? This would be really cool.
Well at the moment I think you can only limit posts for the whole forum, not in a specific section.

You can do that via the Admin CP in Board Settings. Once you go to change, look for posting settings. And there you'll find an option called Maximum Posts Per Day. It's not exactly what you're looking for it but it might be a temporary solution if it's really getting out of hand. You might also want to disable post count in that section, that may help prevent abuse as well.
It's not getting out of hand, but I've noticed this on a lot of other boards where members would post there and only there. Disabling post count would suffice for now, but it would be a nice idea to have the ability to limit posts in a certain area.