MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MyBB Forums Selling?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I was just curious.. has anyone sold a good sized MyBB Forum lately.. I keep getting that they do not sell much because everyone is so into using vB on forums.

I sold 2 myself last night, but the buyer told me specifically he was moving them to vB**.

anyone sell MyBB Forums? or seen they don't sell?
Labrocca has sold some MyBB forums before
Zalaki Wrote:I was just curious.. has anyone sold a good sized MyBB Forum lately.. I keep getting that they do not sell much because everyone is so into using vB on forums.

I sold 2 myself last night, but the buyer told me specifically he was moving them to vB**.

anyone sell MyBB Forums? or seen they don't sell?

Yes as Tikitiki said and i also know some people who sold as well.

and on offtopic note: "he was moving them to vB**." lol vb is so over rated its not funny.
crsoft Wrote:Yes as Tikitiki said and i also know some people who sold as well.

and on offtopic note: "he was moving them to vB**." lol vb is so over rated its not funny.

Yes, I saw Labrocca sold a few, and I see one for sale right now, but some never get the prices a vB Forum would get. I remember seeing a MyBB Forum, nice design and all go for like $80 and some crappy vB Forum with less everything go for close to $300

and yes, vB is.. its good but I am not fond of it, never use it ever. My 2 biggest forums = MyBB all the way!
I have sold an established forum, what i have sold is hosting and installation for a mybb forum with flashchat, arcade and gallery
Part of the VB sales are the licenses themselves worth $120-$150 for an owned license. If your site has a good design, traffic, and activity then it will sell regardless of the software. Those that want mybb can use the VB conversion system to do it. You can point that out in sales that VB does have a converter if buyer wishes to change software.

And the two recent sites I sold garnered me $xx,xxx. I can't disclose exact numbers but I was fairly happy with the results of mybb. My users have for the most part loved the simpleness of it. VB is very complicated to the normal surfer. Too many bells and whistles to the members and it can deter from actual conversation. It's a give and take.

Zalaki I see the sites you sell...you should spend more time developing them into popular sites. Trust me it will pay off. Instead of $xxx sales you will find yourself in a $x,xxx one. I have sold at least 5 sites over $5,000 that were forum based in the past 2 years. Work toward 100k posts at least before considering a sale. It's a good milestone.

Anyways...gonna start startforums.com in a couple months and give as much advice as I can.
Yea, its true I think I do sell before I really get them going, but my two now I don't plan on selling any time soon, so hopefully next year or after that they will be big forums worth selling for $x,xxx - $xx,xxx
I am selling <snip> domain + host +site
Please don't post or sell forums that contain illegal stuff here, thanks.