MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Wondering.. about mybb
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
How come MyBBoard does not have the acronym of MyBBoard as a domain, like MyBB.com or even .info or anything?
Because some stupid company buys domains like that and only sells them for thousands of dollars.
oh.. so you guys have tried but they always try to take advantage by asking for $x,xxx amounts..

thats lame.. theres always a chance later on during MyBB's long run Smile
Unlikely in any foreseeable future.

I can get a domain for life for US$10 - I mean, once I have the domain, it really isn't costing me anything...
uhmm where do you acquire a domain for 10 for a lifetime? O_O
Not for a lifetime - for a year.

All 4 letter .coms are taken, and MyBB only has 4 letters, and is pronounceable, so is worth many thousands of dollars, I think it was for sale at $15000. And pronounceable domains tend to go for the .net,.org,.biz and .info extensions as well.

BP
kjaonline Wrote:uhmm where do you acquire a domain for 10 for a lifetime? O_O
It's part of a deal with a hosting package.

Most of the time, you have to pay a yearly fee like blueparukia mentioned. However, some hosting companies are giving "lifetime domain" deals, as long as you are hosted with them (so in a way, you're still paying for the domain, but you can request as many as you like).
Yes, I know hostmonster does this, as my mum was hosted with them before I moved her to my server.