MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: admin cannot log into admincp
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
my other admin on my site cannot login to the admincp, getting a message saying that the IP doesnt match with her registration IP, or something to that effect. she said she has aol and the IPs are always switching, therefore the IP she registered with has changed since.

is there a way to "disable" the fact that the IP she is logging into the admin cp from has to match her registration IP?

thank you.
does anyone have an answer to this?
The actual IP address is not supposed to be the one she registered with. You get the message you quoted if the ip address is changing during the session in the Admin-CP. Is she bossibly using changing proxy servers? She also should try to clear cookies and cache in her browser before logging in.
Michael83 Wrote:The actual IP address is not supposed to be the one she registered with. You get the message you quoted if the ip address is changing during the session in the Admin-CP. Is she bossibly using changing proxy servers? She also should try to clear cookies and cache in her browser before logging in.

yeah but she cant even login to begin with, so how does it only show the error if there change?
Geez Wrote:yeah but she cant even login to begin with, so how does it only show the error if there change?
Sorry, actually the actual ip address and the ip address of the last login of the user are compared.
Try the follwing: Open the file admin/global.php and search for:
define("ADMIN_IP_SEGMENTS", 3);
Replace 3 by 2. If it still does not work change it to 1 and then to 0. But be aware that the IP check is completely disabled if you set it to 0.
Michael83 Wrote:
Geez Wrote:yeah but she cant even login to begin with, so how does it only show the error if there change?
Sorry, actually the actual ip address and the ip address of the last login of the user are compared.
Try the follwing: Open the file admin/global.php and search for:
define("ADMIN_IP_SEGMENTS", 3);
Replace 3 by 2. If it still does not work change it to 1 and then to 0. But be aware that the IP check is completely disabled if you set it to 0.

ok thanks for that info!

and i will try this. thank you!