MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Users having trouble logging in
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Recently I moved my forum to a different server and domain. When I got it up, I had to clear my cookies and cache to get logged in properly because it was returning me to a guest.

A few of my members had the same problem but clearing their browser solved the problem. I have two members that can't get this fixed. Is there anything else they can try?

Here is a copy of one of their posts:

"I go to that page, I am titled as a guest at the top of the page.

I then log in and get sent to the forum page and but I'm still a guest.I then need to use the back arrow to go back to the login page, it then shows me that I am logged in. I then click on show newest thread link under my user name. That brings me to the newest threads. I then can go and click on the forum and I stay logged in until I close the window and come back.

I have deleted all my cookies and history etc. and still can't get in the proper way."
Which browser are they using? Have they made sure to clear the cache completely and restart the browser?
IE7

They say they did several times but you know how that goes.... I have to assume they did.
Please check that your cookie settings are correct. See: http://community.mybboard.net/showthread.php?tid=26702
I do not believe this is a Mybb problem. I have read that thread. Hundreds of users have been logging in with no issues for two weeks now, but I am trying to help the few that are still having problems and don't know what else to tell them.
Well then we can only guess. One reason could be a strict firewall on the system of the users or misconfigured browsers.