MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: New installation, need to save database
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So what do I need to backup so that if I do a clean install of MyBB I don't lose my post, forums and users?

I went into the adminCP and did a backup of my database. Is that all I need?
You have to backup the database and the folder "uploads" on your server. It contains attachment files and avatars.
The only way to upload the dB is through myphpadmin correct?
It's not the only way but it is probably the most convenient if you have it.
OK yes I have myphpadmin. I have cPanel and it is in it. I am reading up on it now. Thanks.
OK so what is the other way to upload the dB? It seems my host has problems or something. If I try to make changes in myphpadmin it tells me I do not have privileges to do so. If I try to login under the root login it tells me I can not login under the root user and password.
Xhris Wrote:OK so what is the other way to upload the dB?
Try Big Dump
Xhris Wrote:It seems my host has problems or something. If I try to make changes in myphpadmin it tells me I do not have privileges to do so. If I try to login under the root login it tells me I can not login under the root user and password.

If it says you don't have privileges, then you should take that up with your host. We can't do anything about that on our side.