MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Massive Help! localhost?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I am a proffesional web developer, my name is NiCk newman I run a massive phpbb SITE. and custom's as well.

I need to run mybb on my site! but 1 MAJOR Flaw.. I downloaded the impex system and it works great. .(import) :-)

1 Problem is that I run my webserver off localhost.. and when i install it.. I cant login or anything because my name servers go to my domain and my domain goes to my modem configuration.

So is there a way i can change so it's like phpbb and vbulletin that you can on localhost and make all the style's show and stuff.

It's confusing but I Alrdy installed it It's jsut that members cant c my skin or login because it's on localhost (only i can c it and stuff) bcz my directories are localhost" but if i change it to my domain then i cant browse my site w/o using a proxy, and that would be way to Hard.

ThankS!

Reply back!
Are you sure your a professional web developer?
I can say whatever I think about me,

Besides the point can u help me? LOL
I'm not even sure what your asking or if your even in the right place:

1) The Impex system is vBulletin's Import System, which has nothing to do with MyBB.
2) DNS configuration also has nothing to do with MyBB.
3) I don't understand half of what your saying. Please make yourself clear or go to your localized support forum for help.
Ok, Tiki all i need to know is that can i change mybbb board files so it doesnt always be my domain.com? cant it work running off my own server at my house or what?

Lawl, thanks for replying tho!
Not unless you want people to start typing your IP Address.

Besides, properly setup, you can access your own board via your domain.
No I cant.

Because i run of my own server localhost and the directories for the site is mydomain.com

so it shows a plain style

question im asking! Big Grin
If you properly set up your DNS settings, you can achieve this. I did so with many websites that I run.
ctk7 do u mine adding me on msn and help me thru sir?

Thanks!
Or any instant messeging?

Or maybe a faq for it?

Thanks alot for ur help!
Ok, what exactly are you trying to achieve?

Sorry, can't talk right now, I'm at a datacentre trying to fix some servers. However this may help:

http://www.dyndns.com/getstarted/
Pages: 1 2