MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: theme question
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Transparent banners that include a small icon-style image and text may be a lot easier to do. I'll have a look at that today after I resize some suitable images... and make a blank template so that the size is consistent. Wink
I've come to the conclusion that there are too many options open with this procedure for each persons individual taste. And is better left to the more elaborate Template makers. However, here's an example using Transparent Gif... for those who would like to modify their own forums.

[attachment=996]

As in the example, There could be two Cupid's facing each other, or away from each other and the text between them... any combination is possible including the type of font used...

Kinda makes it cute... but having the right size graphics, and all of them the same size.. is paramount, else it will look awful........... Wink
k776 Wrote:well, you could always put in the td of the cell, this code
style="background: url([b]./images/bg1.jpg[/b]);"
But that will display in all forums. Not just one. To have individual background images, it would require a big mod I'd imagine. One I wont attempt till myBB Gold is out.

Not that big, just use the variable that the board uses for the forum name as the name of the bg image. Then create images that have the same name as the forum that they are supposed to correspond to. Might be better to do this with the forum ID variable as the image name that way you won't have to deal with the spaces between words when creating an image and naming it to match.

Something like this:
style="background: url(./images/$forum[fid].jpg);"

then you could just mouse over the forum name and see the ID number in the url and then name an image to match. The great part about doing this is that you won't get that broken image (IE) when there is a forum that does not have a BG image to match the ID.

This is kinda getting into it a bit......but it's not that difficult to achieve, kinda fun for us template junkies. Big Grin
Pages: 1 2