MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: installing a file
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
When I install an update, where do I install it to? I know it should be something like Disk (CSmile/something...but could you give me the exact place to install it please, because each time i install something go back to my forum it says i need the newer version that i just installed.
can someone please post on this topic Sad 7 people have looked at it but not posted...
http://community.mybboard.net/showthread.php?tid=11034

Quote:3. Bumping Threads

I see this a lot here. And I think it would help if you only bumped your thread after a day of no response. If your problem is not addressed, don't fret, someone will usually see it. And if they don't I suggest giving the thread a day before bumping it.
Hi,

You might want to have a look at this [Wiki: Upgrading] (Broken link, head over to docs.mybb.com instead)
im sorry, but what is an FTP? it said i need to open it and go to /inc./settings where do i find these files?
>.< can someone please respond? its been a day now...
You need to place the files inside your forum folder. Does that help any? Like where ever your forum folder is place it inside so it would be /myforumfolder/install or whatever your folder is called.
:/ where is my forum folder though...
Have you installed MyBB yet?
And do you have PHP, mysql etc installed?
Woah, i have to install all that!!!??? and wont that mean i'd have 3 different files?
Pages: 1 2