MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: mysql 'Import'; help needed.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi guys, I need some help. I've formatted my hard drives after backing up my files and databases. I re-installed everything and including mysql. Does anyone know the shell command to import sql data for databases? I couldn't find it in the mysql docs. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advanced.
There's not really a command I don't think. You simply execute the queries in your backup via shell
Tell me I'm wrong but I tried doing so using the following command:
mysql -u username -p /backupdirectory
and it says enter password as I did so and returns this message:
specify a database. I then enter this command:
mysql -u username -p databasename </backupdirectory
asks for password then returns the help page.
I also tried restoring the database without the mysql command by providing this command:
/backupdirectory
It returns with a bunch of garbage nothing related to mysql.

I did everything including making the server highly secure that an average user can't do, but I can't do this. Toungue I never restored anything since I had the server, which explains my illiteracy in restoring databases. Hopefully I can restore it successfully with the help of someones expertise, their is a lot of important information in that database along with loads of forum posts.
Kind regards.
DennisTT Wrote:http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.0/en/mysqlimport.html

Thanks DenisTT. I guess I was looking under the wrong category in the manual.
As well as a thanks for the help given from tikitiki,
Rcpalace.
Please, how hard can this get. I did everything required and I suppose it created the tables and restored. However, I visit the site under localhost and I still get some mybb cache error.
Does anyone have any ideas?