MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Few questions
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi there!Smile

I' have just installed MyBB and translated it. I found it great so far though I want to know how to change few things:

1. When you read a post there is info on poster on the left, right? Smile Well, I want to remove some lines which are under author's name. For example I want to remove "membergroup:..." line but I don't know in what file it has to be done. So which is the file that handles the code that shows that portion of the post read page?

2. I've installed 2 MyCodes and I want to assign a buttons for them so the posters to be able to apply tags on the marked text by pressing a button instead of typing the tags manually Smile

That is for now.
Thanks in advance!
Hi,

For question one, you can do the following:

Admin CP > Templates > Modify/Delete > *Your Template Name* > Expand > Post Bit templates > Expand > postbit_author_user > Edit:

Find:
{$lang->postbit_group} {$usergroup['title']}<br />

[Image: attachment.php?aid=8661]

Remove it, then click "Update Template".
Thanks a lot!

I used to edit directly files via ftp nad notepad++ but to edit files in the forum is a cool feature.

P.S. Now i'm attempting to change the author name's font and size and i guess it's in themes > modify Wink I'm only left to find out what class it isWink

Thanks for the help again!
To edit the authors font, you can do it through each user group:

Admin CP > Users and Groups > Manage Groups > *Group Name* > Go > Find "Username Style", from there you can apply different effects using html.
Thanks again.

Do you have any idea how to add button to already existing mycode?

I have YouTube mycode and made a button for it, upload it in images/codebuttons but it doesn't show. I gues it must be set somwhere but don't know how and when.