MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MyBB a New Look
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I want to give a new look to My MyBB forum.

I need a Very Attractive Theme But No Idea about themes. & also I am scared of changing any theme due to database...

can any one tell me a theme & safe steps to replace the theme?

Like I have to backup Database then ?
Themes does not affect the database in any way Big Grin
You should chose a theme that relates to your forum subject.

To upload themes, generally:

Upload the themes folder (Theme, not Themesfolder) e.g /Themesfolder/Theme
Then in ACP, import the Template: /Themesfolder/theme.xml

Usually, there is a file in the folder which tells you what to do. I apologose for rubbish communication in this post as I'm just writing this and I've got an annoying salesman at the door Sad
If you want to, you can backup the database but most likely it will not hurt your database.

I see on the site in your signature you changed your theme.
Inferno Wrote:If you want to, you can backup the database but most likely it will not hurt your database.

hahaha
I did it Hell yaayaaaaay

But My inline Ads Are Not Working...
Initially the theme system can be intimidating. However mybb has great safeguards to fix bad changes. Also once you become familiar with HOW the system works you will love it.
bitslinker.com Wrote:
Inferno Wrote:If you want to, you can backup the database but most likely it will not hurt your database.

hahaha
I did it Hell yaayaaaaay

You will probably need to edit the correct template.

For more information on template editing:
http://wiki.mybboard.net/index.php/Admin_CP_Templates
bitslinker.com Wrote:

hahaha
I did it Hell yaayaaaaay

Add below Postbit:

{$post[inline_ads]}
As for Inline Ads. Read the help file and make the template change manually. Also are you running the SEO plugin because for some reason that causes a conflict with inline ads. I haven't looked into it yet because 1.4 I believe is going to have SEO URLs built in.