MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: I need a category hidden from the forum list
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Is there a mod that will hide a forum or category from the forum list unless given the link?

I know Ipb does it (by choosing hidden form the forum can -acces via list if url is known), but is there a way mybb can do it.

I need to know because
1. I dont want it seen in the forum list because it is too big
2. I want it so anybody who know the link can post in the forum, but a person who doesnt know it can't acces it
3. Not a lot of forum software can do it
I must say, that is a very odd request.
You can password protect a forum, which is, effectively, the same thing, except it won't hide the forum from the index page.

Here's an alternative though - make a forum that's hidden to all. Inside this forum, make a subforum which is visible to all. The subforum won't be shown since it's hidden by the parent forum, however, it can still be accessed via a direct URL.
I know this is a very odd request,but I wanted this request because of many reasons.

1st-I am making a website with many branches and I didn't want to make really long
2nd-I wanted it to like a different forum
3rd-It will be like a lot of forums, and it will have the same login code
4th-A person with a different branch will only see that part of the branch and nothing else

Thank you for the alternative