MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Wiki-Plugin
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18
I am working on a wiki plugin for MyBB. I like the MediaWiki but the integration and administration is not easy and you cannot use the same design easily.
My wiki plugin will have basic wiki features and will be completely integrated into the MyBB. It will use SEO and the BBCodes (+BBCode editor) of MyBB.
I am testing a beta version, but there are still some features missing.
Please post ideas and notes here.

Version: Beta 3

Download: http://mods.mybboard.net/view/mybb-wiki

Tutorial by leesester: http://www.leefish.nl/mybb/wiki.php?sett...-wiki.html
Good Idea. Is integration the of skin included? Probably is, knowing it's just a plugin.My only concern, is the way it handles the templates... I think the only thing that's needed is a good user-end look, that's usualy all I look for in software/plugins (I'm a designer/themer, what can I say?).
Wow, this is a really cool idea! Big Grin I just installed MW for my site, but have been wondering if it's a bit OTT for what we really need. BB codes would make life a whole lot easier for people not used to formatting a Wiki as well.

Not sure what quite to suggest at the moment; but I guess for us, it might be interesting to be able to search the 'wiki' only (e.g. searching only specific forums)

In terms of integration, I'm not sure how much the wiki should look like the forums, but it's a definite plus if it *can* integrate well like that (as ahero4heor has said)

Is it possible to find out more about the control of who can edit/moderate the Wiki please?

Thanks!
Cool brother I am totally in support for this plugin

I'll give suggestions but for now

Users should be able to use their myBB forum login info to login into wiki.
Admins should be able to give permissions which users will have the ability to contribute.
Admins should be able to give permissions to specific user groups
Yeah, this would be amazing to see. How well would it work to convert an existing Wiki?
(2008-09-19, 08:39 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah, this would be amazing to see. How well would it work to convert an existing Wiki?
You have to copy every article into the new wiki. MediaWiki is to different to create a converter.
(2008-09-14, 07:44 PM)sadiqsaad Wrote: [ -> ]Users should be able to use their myBB forum login info to login into wiki.
Admins should be able to give permissions which users will have the ability to contribute.
Admins should be able to give permissions to specific user groups
I think this naturally in an integrated plugin. Wink

I gave the latest version to a tester. I hope I can release the system soon.
All right. I would still like to see this come into fruition because if it's good enough I'd be willing to manually migrate everything over.
Any progress on this? I am really interested ...
Beta works fine and flawless at my board Smile
Don't know when Dragon will release final though.
Can I see?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18