MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Vista system restore is dying
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I've left system restore for over an hour and it's still at restoring the registry. I can't seem to see any Hard drive activity. What shall I do now? Wait for it?
Perhaps try rebooting the machine, and trying another restore point. It could be that the restore point was damaged (try check disk as well).
I've tried to restore to a more previous checkpoint to no avail after rebooting. I'll try checkdisk in the next hour.
vista is prob freezing your computer because of the ram usage.

If I was You I would go buy the vista cd and do a clean reboot.
I have the OEM CD, I'll need to backup a lot of stuff though - or I could just contact MicroSoft. (it's not really Micro Soft since Vista is hardly Micro, they shouls be called MacroSoft!)
Well, Windows still runs on MicroComputers, so hence the name. Anyway, perhaps you could try using the gParted CD to create a new partition to reinstall vista to, and then transfer all your data to the new installation. You could also use a Ubuntu live CD to backup your data to a DVD or external drive.
There are already two partitions, the smaller one, 10GB won't be enough to install another copy of vista.

I've posted in the Dell forums to see if anyone knows what I could do. Thanks Big Grin
Done, I used to registry information of IE7 to create the missing reg entry.
Ohhh, cool, so it's working now?
Yep, I'm still puzzled how they went missing though... Oh well, at least it's working perfectly now, and so is explorer.
Pages: 1 2