MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Vote for President
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
ahero4heor Wrote:But, here I have to disagree... I think we need taxes, just to get out of this debt. This will devastate some, we all know that, but we need it... I haven't paid attention much to how much taxes each has proposed, but I think an increase is what we need. We don't need an overflowing increase that billows out our backsides, but something.

And if I had to vote for a Republican candidate I'd have to say I'd vote for Ron "Sean" Paul. Smile

There you have it.

The government always functions less efficiently than the free market. I dare you to name ONE INDUSTRY where the government does a better job at providing goods/services faster, better, or cheaper. Even our own military is dependent on the private sector ... as contractors make up a HUGE chunk of active duty soldiers in Iraq.

If you tax more, you're simply wasting more via government inefficiency. You also open the door to corruption, fraud, and abuse. Do YOU trust Congress to spend your money wisely?? Hell they can't even keep their hands out of the failing social security money! They want to put up more $250,000,000 bridges to islands with 50 people. Faith in government to spend wisely and responsibly is faith SORELY misplaced. The solution to our fiscal woes is:
1) Cut government programs. Why do we need a Dept. of Homeland Security? It eats $10,000,000,000/yr and we still aren't even done organizing it. Over 99% of cases it has prosecuted have had NOTHING to do with terrorism. The Dept. of Education is also suspect. We spend more per capita than the entire world on education. What have we gotten? A broken system. Turn education BACK over to the states where they can deal with problems locally far better ... and provide for the free market via vouchers.

2) Have a sensible foreign policy. Come home from places we have been for decades pouring away money. Korea ... Germany ... etc.

3) WE MUST reform Social Security and Medicare. We cannot afford the drug program. It must be phased out. See my YouTube down below.

4) Drastic tax reform. We need to eliminate the Income Tax. We need to tax entirely based on user fees (gas tax which goes directly to the roads) and cover the rest with a flat tax.

5) Eliminate the Federal Reserve. A private bank has NO BUSINESS controlling the currency of our nation. The constitution CLEARLY says only Congress has the ability to coin money, because Congress is responsible to the people. The Fed has no oversight. No audits. No investigations. We don't even know if the Fed has their gold reserve anymore.

6) Sound money. Legal tender should be gold and silver. This eliminates the ability of the government to spend way more than it has, and merely print money to make up for the shortfall. This is the source of our rampant inflation (nearly 10%) and our plummeting dollar. The gold standard? Laughing are you? Which country has the most successful banking system in the world? That'd be the Swiss. They're on the gold standard.

7) BONUS: If you live up north ... where the unions are strong.... you need to realize the unions are destroying their companies and ultimately their selves. I'm all for unions pushing for equal rights and safe conditions... but when they push their wages artificially above what the free market determines, there's a big problem. Here in the south, we have no unions. As a result ... we have a new BMW plant in South Carolina. A new Toyota plant in West Virginia. A new Honda plant in Alabama. Thousands of people happily employed. Successful automakers who don't get bent over by unions and still treat their employees very well.

8) BONUS: All you clowns who think minimum wage is a good idea... I urge you to go read an Economic textbook ... any economic textbook. Look up price floors. That's what a minimum wage is ... a price floor. BY DEFINITION that creates a shortage (unemployment). There's only so much you can pay a high school dropout to pick up your trash once a week. And the natural response to increasing minimum wage is increased mechanization. Now you have garbage trucks which pick up the trash with a robotic arm ... eliminating three workers. Three workers who would be employed without minimum wage.... Same problem with unions up in Detroit where the assembly lines are almost entirely robotic now.

Listen to David Walker, the Comptroller General of the United States (aka the nation's top accountant) on our impending fiscal problems:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=QxoP_9W6FC8
Jeff Wrote:
Soshite Wrote:I might vote for Obama, but I'm not certain that his "change" message is going to amount to something once he gets the job, ala one of those "speak big, but do nothing" (due to all that would need to be changed, etc etc.).

I'm seeing some people get swept up in the "change" movement, but not looking into what's he's done or what his views are, etc.

TBH, I'm leaning on Hillary ATM, because I dislike McCain, and I at least know right now that she has more experience than Obama w/ essentially the "change" slogan, but nothing else substantial.

(I'm going to register Independent, btw.)

Have you did a simple comparison between the "experience" and "policies" of Clinton and Obama? If you still think Clinton has experience over Obama, you might want to read this and this.

"Surely enough, Bill Clinton gets called out on his belief that Obama isnt experienced enough... oh wait, he said in 1992 experience doesn't matter."

But for me, experience does matter. Obama hasn't been in the government long enough for me to be able to tell either way what he would do if he got the job.

Not saying he wouldn't do a good job, but I'm not as apt to go on what I consider to be somewhat of a longshot. All I've heard is "I'll do this, I'll do that..." --- but I'm not sure if he can pull all of that off.
See I think Obama would make a great President, because he is the youngest candidate, and if he would be elected he would be the 2nd youngest president ever to be in office.

Since he is younger(About 30 years younger than McCain), he's at level with the younger generation, and would be able to provide for their needs.
Yeh, I like Obama but our needs aren't priority... I think that we need to focus on the now and not on what the younger generation (mind you I'm in high school).

georgia_tech_swagger Wrote:
ahero4heor Wrote:But, here I have to disagree... I think we need taxes, just to get out of this debt. This will devastate some, we all know that, but we need it... I haven't paid attention much to how much taxes each has proposed, but I think an increase is what we need. We don't need an overflowing increase that billows out our backsides, but something.

And if I had to vote for a Republican candidate I'd have to say I'd vote for Ron "Sean" Paul. Smile

There you have it.

The government always functions less efficiently than the free market. I dare you to name ONE INDUSTRY where the government does a better job at providing goods/services faster, better, or cheaper. Even our own military is dependent on the private sector ... as contractors make up a HUGE chunk of active duty soldiers in Iraq.

If you tax more, you're simply wasting more via government inefficiency. You also open the door to corruption, fraud, and abuse. Do YOU trust Congress to spend your money wisely?? Hell they can't even keep their hands out of the failing social security money! They want to put up more $250,000,000 bridges to islands with 50 people. Faith in government to spend wisely and responsibly is faith SORELY misplaced. The solution to our fiscal woes is:
1) Cut government programs. Why do we need a Dept. of Homeland Security? It eats $10,000,000,000/yr and we still aren't even done organizing it. Over 99% of cases it has prosecuted have had NOTHING to do with terrorism. The Dept. of Education is also suspect. We spend more per capita than the entire world on education. What have we gotten? A broken system. Turn education BACK over to the states where they can deal with problems locally far better ... and provide for the free market via vouchers.

2) Have a sensible foreign policy. Come home from places we have been for decades pouring away money. Korea ... Germany ... etc.

3) WE MUST reform Social Security and Medicare. We cannot afford the drug program. It must be phased out. See my YouTube down below.

4) Drastic tax reform. We need to eliminate the Income Tax. We need to tax entirely based on user fees (gas tax which goes directly to the roads) and cover the rest with a flat tax.

5) Eliminate the Federal Reserve. A private bank has NO BUSINESS controlling the currency of our nation. The constitution CLEARLY says only Congress has the ability to coin money, because Congress is responsible to the people. The Fed has no oversight. No audits. No investigations. We don't even know if the Fed has their gold reserve anymore.

6) Sound money. Legal tender should be gold and silver. This eliminates the ability of the government to spend way more than it has, and merely print money to make up for the shortfall. This is the source of our rampant inflation (nearly 10%) and our plummeting dollar. The gold standard? Laughing are you? Which country has the most successful banking system in the world? That'd be the Swiss. They're on the gold standard.

7) BONUS: If you live up north ... where the unions are strong.... you need to realize the unions are destroying their companies and ultimately their selves. I'm all for unions pushing for equal rights and safe conditions... but when they push their wages artificially above what the free market determines, there's a big problem. Here in the south, we have no unions. As a result ... we have a new BMW plant in South Carolina. A new Toyota plant in West Virginia. A new Honda plant in Alabama. Thousands of people happily employed. Successful automakers who don't get bent over by unions and still treat their employees very well.

8) BONUS: All you clowns who think minimum wage is a good idea... I urge you to go read an Economic textbook ... any economic textbook. Look up price floors. That's what a minimum wage is ... a price floor. BY DEFINITION that creates a shortage (unemployment). There's only so much you can pay a high school dropout to pick up your trash once a week. And the natural response to increasing minimum wage is increased mechanization. Now you have garbage trucks which pick up the trash with a robotic arm ... eliminating three workers. Three workers who would be employed without minimum wage.... Same problem with unions up in Detroit where the assembly lines are almost entirely robotic now.

Listen to David Walker, the Comptroller General of the United States (aka the nation's top accountant) on our impending fiscal problems:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=QxoP_9W6FC8

Good points GTS. I agree with a lot of that. Didn't read all of it (too painstaking xD), but I got the gist of each paragraph. I only believe in tax reform because it's what we can all agree on that will do the most. I think congress gets greedy, but they have been doing better as far as I am aware (but they have made some big mistakes, in my opinion).
ahero4heor Wrote:
georgia_tech_swagger Wrote:Anybody with even collegiate Economics 101 knowledge would find Fred Thompson and Ron Paul to be the only viable candidates. Barack, Hillary, and Huckabee's tax increases would be the final death nail in our reeling economy and dollar.

But, here I have to disagree... I think we need taxes, just to get out of this debt. This will devastate some, we all know that, but we need it... I haven't paid attention much to how much taxes each has proposed, but I think an increase is what we need. We don't need an overflowing increase that billows out our backsides, but something.

There you have it.

Ron Paul doesn't want to get rid of taxes just wants a new system. Its called a Flat Tax which basically means that taxes are taken straight out of your pay check. Thus reducing the IRS an insane amount and reducing the money required to handle taxes on the government side. Its a very economical view type tax that well I have to agree with.
For more info go HERE
Pages: 1 2 3 4