MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: starting from the beginning
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi everyone, i want to start a new forum for my industry, have purchased the domain name but insure as to what to do next.
help............
Are you wanting to run an installation of MyBB mate?
yes, i just want something like this site (or simpler) so that i can use it to discuss the issues within my industry
Alright, lad. I just had a look at your website, and you seem to be using HTML pages. First things first, you need to make sure that your hosting provider supports PHP and MYSQL in the hosting plan you have selected. Find that out for me (you will be able to see if it supports PHP and MySQL by accessing your Control Panel) and then let me know and I'll walk you through the installation process.
cheers fella, all help much appreciated. the site i have at the moment is the first one i did (please note that i'm a non techie) and has been around for a couple of years so it may well be out of date etc
You're welcome, mate.

Unfortunately in order to host the MyBB Forum Software you will require PHP and MySQL as most forum software (that is actually decent) requires these two in order to operate. Can you provide me a link to the site that hosts your website and tell me what plan it is you selected? If you can do that, I can tell you if your hosting plan supports these features.
i have only just registered the domains and have not actually decided on where to go to have the site hosted. any recommendations?
Are you looking for free or paid hosting?
i don't mind paying if that is better but obviously don't want to spend a fortune
I would suggest http://www.websitesnetwork.com/

I've been with them for years, and have never experienced any down time or errors. They also use the latest application of cPanel and support PHP, MySQL, etc. Both free and paid hosting plans.