MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Can't open url for installing
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I uploaded MyBB1.1.12 and try to install it. But i have a problem is I can not open the url for installing : www.c5tin.com/forum/install
What do I have to do now? please help me.
Thank you very much.
You may want to ask your webhost about this since your server isn't allowing the pages to be displayed. I think you should try CHMODing all your files to 755 (except for the ones listed in the install needing 666 and 777).
thank Dennis!
I tried CHMOD folder /forum/ to 755 and everything's okay now.
Thks again.
Even I'm having the same problem, but I don't know how to chmod, and so pleaseee help me.....

ERROR---
MyBB Error

MyBB has generated a critical error and as a result cannot function correctly.

MyBB Said:

Error Code: board_not_installed

Your board has not yet been installed and configured. Please do so before attempting to browse it.

Please try clicking the Refresh button in your web browser to see if this corrects this problem.

We apologise for any inconvenience.

Just found permissions, but it's already in 755

So, pleaseee help
On the "install" folder in your Control Panel for your web host, click on it and there should a setting that says "Change Permissions" or something along those lines. Click on it, and make sure the file is completely writable. Once you've done that, it will allow you to open up the Installation File. Change the settings to "777" if need be.
hey got it going!, thanks a lot.....
Big Grin
No worries, mate. Enjoy MyBB!
Absolutely!, ya too
Toungue