MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Unable to upload avatars...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I just installed the latest MyBB version and converted my old phpbb3 installation, but for some reason it's refusing to allow me to upload any avatars.

I've tried the CHMODs described in the wiki to no avail.

The message board is here if you'd like to register and try for yourself.

If I try and upload an image (I tried .jpg and .png and neither worked) I get the following error:

The file upload failed. Please choose a valid file and try again.

If I try and upload from another URL I get:

The URL you entered for your avatar does not appear to be valid. Please ensure you enter a valid URL.

Anyone got any ideas what I've missed?
Right, I just ran that from the root forum directory and it seems to have succeeded. Gave me the following result:

"Width: 80
Height: 80
Type: 2"

Any ideas on what else to try? Anyone?
^^ BUMP
I had the same problem the other day right after a fresh install of 1.2.12 and for the life of me couldn't figure out what was wrong. I did everything that was listed on the forums but couldn't find a solution. I have 4 forums (2 MyBB 1.2.11, 1 MyBB 1.2.12, and 1 vB) and 2 CMSes and none of them would allow uploads. I did a reboot of my server and it cleared the issue... I never figured out what was wrong. Sad

So my advice is install something else on your server that allows uploading and see if that works, if it does then it's a MyBB issue and we can focus on that, if not then you're probably having the same problem I had so a reboot will fix it.