MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Primary and Secondary Permission Conflict
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Here's the situation: I've got administrators, super moderators, and moderators. I made a group called Loyal Members who I want to give access to the staff forums.

I'm the leader of a secondary group, let's say Group A which has no permission to view the board.
My super moderator is the leader of a secondary group called Group B which has no permission to view the board.
My loyal members are either in A or B.

None of us can view the forum unless we give the entire secondary group permission to view the staff forum.
I've had that issue in the past before. I don't know how to fix it, though. x_x

If it was an issue (like the new post icons issue that is being fixed w/ 1.4), it might be resolved in the 1.4 release.
Make sure that for that staff forum, all usergroups have custom forum permissions (not default or inherited)
are u guys workin on a way so that staffers will have seperate permissions that automatically gives them full access to all forums created??? and we need not worry bout the whole secondary and primary group permission conflicts????
Not at this point in time, because the forum permissions do the same thing.
kaies thanx
Did I mention how much I love you guys? That did the trick~! Permissions are really complex~!