MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Show first line of first post in Board view?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

I am working on a new forum, and I cannot decide what software I am going to use. There is one very important feature that I absolutely need, but I don't think this is available in MyBB, so I wonder if this would be easy to create:

When you're in the board page, where all topics are listed, I want the first line from the first post to be shown beneath the topic title. (The whole post would be an alternative, if that's easier to accomplish.) Would this be easy to implement? I really love the look of MyBB, and would love to use it as my software.
hmmm, wouldn't you end up with a rather large column or a very long page?
You might be able to add the [title="*description*"] HTML tag to the subject title.
ct2k7 Wrote:hmmm, wouldn't you end up with a rather large column or a very long page?

What I want to do is create a website where users can post images, hotlinked trough PhotoBucket. Then I want a thumbnail of the images posted on the page where you can choose the topic to enter. If I had the whole post in this page, I could simply add img tags, and it would show a little thumbnail Smile