MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: problem: subforum can not show in first page and i need convertor for smf-->mybb
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
hello
i have smf and i worked with vBulletin.
and now I download and test mybb and i find it is very powerful.
and this free soft just like vBulletin and even mybb sometime is beter than vBulletin.
thanks for your work and your mind.
but i have 3 problem:
1-In smf & vbulletin sub forum title show in forum homepage by small text but in mybb sub forum do not show in homepage. how i can show subforum title at forum homepages?
2-I need a convertor for convert SMF forum to MYBB.
3-I need a portal for my forum. for exam mkportal can match with vBulletin ,smf and ... do exist any portal for MYBB?
thanks
Quote:and now I download and test mybb and i find it is very powerful.

It is, excepted some bugs and esthetic probs Big Grin [ I hope they're gonna change it for the centuries awaited Gold version Big Grin ]

Quote:and this free soft just like vBulletin and even mybb sometime is beter than vBulletin.

Huh ? Sorry but vBulletin ain't a free soft Wink

Quote:thanks for your work and your mind.

No probs I'm proud of it WinkCool [ plz admins don't kick me I'm not willing to steal the glory of yer work Big Grin]

Quote:1-In smf & vbulletin sub forum title show in forum homepage by small text but in mybb sub forum do not show in homepage. how i can show subforum title at forum homepages?

Gotta find someone's more skilled than me to help you [ hehe that exists I ain't kidding Smile ]

Quote:2-I need a convertor for convert SMF forum to MYBB.

Maybe I'm mistaken, but no way for now, there isn't many convertors for MyBB at the moment, maybe you should find one which converts smf to phpbb2, and then use the phpbb2 -> mybb convertor to reach your goal.

Quote:3-I need a portal for my forum. for exam mkportal can match with vBulletin ,smf and ... do exist any portal for MYBB?

Yeah there's one [ maybe plus ] somewhere but I'm way too lazy to find the place it could be d/L, I'm sure that the others will provide you the link Big Grin

Quote:Huh ? Sorry but vBulletin ain't a free soft Wink

you are a buffoon man.

English is not my vernacular language and so my sentences sometimes incorrect at word & grammar !

I mean in that sentence:
abilities of mybb is just like abilities of vBulletin and better than it sometimes!

I can help you maybe. but, what is SMF?

Quote:1-In smf & vbulletin sub forum title show in forum homepage by small text but in mybb sub forum do not show in homepage. how i can show subforum title at forum homepages?
sorry I cant really help you here. It is unclear what you mean. From what I gather, the main page of the forums doesn't show the sub-forums.

Im not sure if this is what you mean, but I thought the Categories and then their sub-forums both display on the front page.

Quote:3-I need a portal for my forum. for exam mkportal can match with vBulletin ,smf and ... do exist any portal for MYBB?

MyBB comes with an inbuilt portal.
browse to the directory where myBB is installed.
for example, http://www.company.com/myBB/
well, the portal can be accessed at:
http://www.company.com/myBB/portal.php

As for converting those forums. If I get a link to the SMF forums, ill take a look and see what is possible.
smf = simple machines forum

another board system apart mybb, invisionboard, vbulletin board
sanbad Wrote:
Quote:Huh ? Sorry but vBulletin ain't a free soft Wink

you are a buffoon man.

Booooh I think I'm gonna cry SadBig GrinBig GrinBig Grin

Netrosis Wrote:It is unclear what you mean. From what I gather, the main page of the forums doesn't show the sub-forums.

Im not sure if this is what you mean, but I thought the Categories and then their sub-forums both display on the front page.

i mean how i can show subforum in (forexam:www.mysite.com/forum/index.php) like smf & vBulletin?
[Image: faq-mybb.gif]

thanks
Ah. That feature is implemented in myBB Gold.
interesting sanbad.

I guess you'll have to wait for myBB Gold for that feature.
Im sorry I couldn't be of further help.