MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Problem restoring database
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I moved to get my 2 forums in the same hosting package, but i am trying to import the database when i get this problem, that both of my forums have the same databse name, when i try to import the new 1 it cases that problem that the database already exists
Create a new database, open up the .sql file then find the link which specifies your (old) database name. Remove that line and try to import again.
ct2k7 Wrote:Create a new database, open up the .sql file then find the link which specifies your (old) database name. Remove that line and try to import again.

what should i use to open the sql
Any text editor. I prefer Notepad++. Microsoft Notepad should be fine.
i did that, now its saying i dont have permission to access that database, knowong that i imported the old databse just the same way
hmmm, my reply isn't here, so I'll say again:

Create a new database and a new user. Assign the appropriate privileges for the user to the new database, then import. If that fails, contact your host, since MyBB is not at fault and we can only advise you.