MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: PunBB to MyBB
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Mh, to the point, I'm about to merge my old PunBB based forum to my new MyBB based one. I found a converter under Misc. Download section and tried it out. But looks like it failed, heres the mysql error...

Warning: mysql_errno(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL-Link resource in E:\xampplite\htdocs\my\inc\db_mysql.php on line 312

Warning: mysql_num_rows(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in E:\xampplite\htdocs\my\inc\db_mysql.php on line 280

Warning: mysql_errno(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL-Link resource in E:\xampplite\htdocs\my\inc\db_mysql.php on line 312

Warning: mysql_num_rows(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in E:\xampplite\htdocs\my\inc\db_mysql.php on line 280

Any suggestion?

Oh, my PunBB was 1.2.16

Thanks before
This forum is for the MyBB Merge System.

Ryan
Oh, apologize me, my bad. Is it possible to move it to a proper section/subforum? Where can I find further supports/helps on this matter?

Again, apologize my stupidity for doing fast reading m(_ _)m
Try to go to PhpBB then to MyBB. It should work easier. I don't know if you've gone to the point of no return, or what...
Ah.. nice idea.. I'll try it right over thanks ^ ^
Convertion done without error messages from PunBB -> Phpbb2 -> MyBB

But, theres another problem, all other users (except me) seems cannot login. I used "forgot password feature" and retrieved new password, it looks like successful login at first but then redirected to the same page, and not logged in.

Furthermore, all last post now belong to Guest instead of its real owner.

What did I do wrong? any suggestion?

Here's my site http://nfath.ceege.net/forum

For example user, you can use :
username: reversal
password: RSVu1XWw

Thanks for the support..
The PunBB -> phpBB 2 converter can't convert passwords. As for the 'guest' bug that's been fixed for the next revision of the merge system (Which shouldn't be too far out - Just need to get it through QA)

The guest problem itself should disappear as people post.
Thank you for the reply. Ok, guest bug problem is fine then ^^;

I've read that punBB > Phpbb2 has different hashing method, and thus can not convert passwords, but if I generate a new one, theoritically, it should be fine shouldn't it? but It still can't login. It does show the "login successful page" but its not logged in. Seems like the session won't set or something.

Mhh.. any suggestion?

Thanks before, and sorry for troubling everyone.
Best Regards,
Shakugan
Looks like your cookies are wrong: [Wiki: Cookies] (Broken link, head over to docs.mybb.com instead)
Got it. Problem solved. Thanks for the support ^ ^

Now its time to install plugins ^^

Again, thanks for the support everyone.

Ps. Mhh.. there is two empty column on database under field _user (paswordconvert and passwordconverttyp), is it okay to delete those two? looks like mybb dont need them anymore.. just wondering..