MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Best Email Application
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
What in your experience is the best software to download emails from? I started using Windows Mail and then Microsoft Outlook 2003. Not sure from there.

What ones do you guys use?
I thought this was going to be about the best application for a job someone had received via email, guess not...

Thunderbird.
MrDoom Wrote:I thought this was going to be about the best application for a job someone had received via email, guess not...

Big Grin
Sorry to disappoint you.
I use outlook 2007 Big Grin. I've used thunderbird, but I didn't like it.
Is Outlook 2007 drasticlly different from 2003, feature wise?
Not that I've noticed no. But it is somewhat faster :o
ct2k7 Wrote:Not that I've noticed no. But it is somewhat faster :o

Really? I haven't used outlook but all the 2007 Office programs look much more intensive with all their useless graphics to make it look shiny.

But Thunderbird is probably the most popular free one as well Mozilla makes it(The people who make FireFox).

But there are a lot out there and it really depends if you need any special features.
I have 2007 and 2003 both on vista. The new laptop:

2Gig RAM, 2.0Ghz Core Duo etc loads faster than 1.5GB RAM, 3.0 P4 HT (office 2003).

Both computers also do climate modelling.
Opera M2 mail client is excellent. Many worthy features and it's all just part of Opera along with torrents, irc, newsreader, download manager and more. With Opera you need nothing else.
I've used Windows Mail (comes with Vista) and Thunderbird.

I prefer Thunderbird.
Pages: 1 2 3