MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Forcing everyone into a certain theme
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey everyone,
I was just wondering if there was a way to force users to use a certain theme.

There was some really old ones I didn't want used anymore, but many users still have it set on their account (They of course have been disabled). I want them switched to the site's default, or one of many others we're currently offering.

Thanks
If you've deleted a theme they'll automatically be reverted back to the default. You can't force a theme, except on per-forum, without a code modification/query.
Or, if I'm guessing correctly, you could set everyone's theme to default with a query:
UPDATE mybb_users SET style=0
(replace "mybb_" with your table prefix)
The above will set everyone's theme to the default.
Wow this is useful Smile Thanks Zinga - I'll be bookmarking that one ^^
That's awesome, thanks ZiNgA
You can also delete all themes except the one you have set as default. If you export them you can import them back later.

Oh ...forgot too that under the theme editor you can set who has permissions for usergroups to use the theme. You can set it from the default "All Usergroups" to just administrators. That will also work well and you can still test and work on your themes without anyone knowing.
labrocca Wrote:You can also delete all themes except the one you have set as default. If you export them you can import them back later.

Oh ...forgot too that under the theme editor you can set who has permissions for usergroups to use the theme. You can set it from the default "All Usergroups" to just administrators. That will also work well and you can still test and work on your themes without anyone knowing.

Now this is a very useful piece of knowledge.
On that note... how do I make a theme default again???

EDIT: My bad: http://community.mybboard.net/showthread...#pid173277